Underground cable networks considerably reduce network outages and have lower transmission losses but the maintenance cost is high compared to overhead systems. In underground systems transmission faults are rare, but the fault point is hard to locate and the repair is not easy. Sumitomo Electric and TEPCO PG have jointly developed a remote monitoring system using G3-PLC communication for underground power transmission lines.
- Enabling the smartest grid…together: G3-PLC Alliance celebrates its 10th anniversary
- The G3-PLC Alliance and the DLMS User Association Sign Liaison Agreement to Extend Capabilities and Drive Innovation
- G3-PLC Alliance Infoletter No. 2/2021 has been published!
- Enhancing the resilience of energy infrastructure using G3-PLC
- Renesas CoolPhoenix 3 PLC Modem in combination with TsuRuGi (sub-GHz transceiver-RAA604S00) has received the G3-PLC Hybrid certification